Thursday, November 6, 2008

The results are in....

The most exciting election in my lifetime is over.

It was a Democratic sweep.  I'm not overjoyed at this, but am overjoyed that 90 percent of my state turned out at the polls.  Usually, it's under 30 percent.  So, the people DID speak.  I support our President Elect.  He will be in my prayers, along with all our lawmakers, new and seasoned (notice I didn't say old!)

Our country made history Tuesday.  So many children now realize ANY American can be elected President.  One of my fellow ghoul poolers said it best: "He's AMERICAN!!! If one more person refers to him as African-American, I will scream!"

Amen, Jen.  The tide is turning.  My hope is all these newly elected officials  promising working together, not as Republicans and Democrats, but as fellow AMERICANS, do so.   I am filled with hope.  This is so exciting, watching the transition starting. I look forward to  watching two adorable little girls grow into poised young ladies in our White House.  Hopefully, they will be given the privacy they deserve by the media who had a huge hand in getting them to their exciting new address. This country needs to focus on what's important: the growth and well-being of this new, AMERICAN First Family.  And for us to focus on our families, and act responsibly to prevent the burden of our past mistakes to be passed on to our children.

75 days until the swearing-in of President Obama.  But my brother Sean and his wife Jami could have told you that, thanks to their favorite gift last Christmas from yours truly: the Countdown Calendar to W's Last Day!  It was my pleasure to give this American family a little hope!

No comments: