Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What a week.... Grandma 10/19/1915 - 01/07/2009

We have had quite a week.  We finally realized how bad the economy is affecting us.  We are having extended family conflicts.  And, to top it off, my Grandma passed away early this morning.

This actually, is a blessing.  My grandma has been declining for some time.  Her struggle is over, she is, Praise God, finally, back with her beloved husband of 63 years.  I pray my mother, her oldest, deals with this loss in a peaceful resolution to a relationship that wasn't always loving or of admiration.

Grandma was not a "warm fuzzy".  She was not the extrovert Grandpa was.  See my post from a few months ago.  My mom is a type of person who needs constant positive reinforcement.  Grandma, mother of 7, was not always able to openly praise all her children all the time.  My mother grew to resent this, especially in later years, as she went through a divorce.  Growing up, at times, I resented this lack of warmth as well, but, in the opposite direction, realized Grandma always loved me, even if she did not demonstrate it directly, or even indirectly.  She did the best she could.  I pray, that in the next few trying days of the wake and funeral, my Mom can realize that. 

Please keep my grandma, Agnes Kirby, as well as my mom, Mary McFeeley in your prayers.  Thank you, God, for bringing my grandma to you and Grandpa, and please give my mom peace, make her realize she WAS cherished by her mother, always.

No comments: